Bullard facing knee surgery
Tuesday 17 February 2009
Hull midfielder Jimmy Bullard will undergo surgery on a knee injury in America tomorrow.
The 30-year-old, who only joined the Tigers from Fulham in the January transfer window, has a tear in his cartilage.
A statement on the club's official website read: "Jimmy Bullard will be having an arthroscopy on Wednesday to deal with a small tear in his cartilage.
"Hull City agree with Jimmy that the best man to perform this procedure is the surgeon who dealt with his knee injury while he was playing for Fulham.
"Jimmy will therefore be going to Denver, where the surgeon is based, for this treatment."
Bullard suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury while playing for Fulham against Newcastle in September 2006 which ruled him out for almost one-and-a-half years.
Latest in Sport
Revealed: The most unwatchable Premier League teams of the 2014/15 season
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Michel Platini to consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election
Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Per Mertesacker credits yoga for helping him get back to best
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Bahar Mustafa: Goldsmiths Students' Union diversity officer to keep her job after vote of no confidence petition fails
- 5 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote