Carson 'devastated' by England oversight

West Brom goalkeeper Scott Carson admits he is "devastated" to be left out of the England squad for next Tuesday's Euro 2012 qualifier with Montenegro.

Carson looked to be getting his international career back on track by being named in the squad for last month's double header with Bulgaria and Switzerland.

But he was forced to withdraw because of a family bereavement and now Robert Green has been preferred, along with Joe Hart, for the Wembley clash.

Carson said: "Getting the recall for the last qualifiers was a big boost.

"I was delighted to be back but I needed to leave after a couple of days (because of the bereavement).

"The club then had a fax through to say I was in the provisional squad (for Montenegro) and I thought I'd be okay and be in the squad because I was in the last one.

"I was really devastated to find myself out this time. Having got back in for the last squad, I thought I'd carried my form on in the last few games.

"Being forced to pull out last time was for personal reasons and things seem to have gone against me."

Carson is determined to react in a positive manner to his disappointment by continuing to perform well for the Baggies.

He said: "I won't sulk. I have to keep performances up and get everyone talking about me again in a good way.

"How I react to this is important. I will let my performances get me back in."