Crystal Palace's Tony Pulis claims manager of the month as Sunderland's Connor Wickham takes player award for their part in relegation survival
Pulis masterminded four wins from five for the Eagles in April while Wickham returned from a loan spell to score five times in four outings
Friday 02 May 2014
Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis has been named the Barclays Premier League manager of the month for April.
The Eagles won four out of their five matches, including an impressive 3-2 victory at Champions League chasing Everton, and guaranteed their survival in the top tier with a 1-0 win at West Ham.
Pulis' side currently sit 11th in the table and 11 points clear of the bottom three.
Sunderland striker Connor Wickham was named player of the month.
The England Under-21 international scored five times in April to take his team out of the relegation zone, with doubles against Manchester City and Cardiff and one against Chelsea.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin