Djibril Cisse has 'no doubt' QPR will survive
Tuesday 13 March 2012
Djibril Cisse has "no doubt" QPR will stay in the Barclays Premier League this season.
Striker Cisse returned from a three-match ban on Saturday to score his second goal in three games since his January move from Lazio.
But it was not enough to prevent a controversial 2-1 defeat at Bolton that sucked Rangers into the drop zone.
Cisse is not worried, though, and told his club's official website, www.qpr.co.uk: "With this kind of performance, there's no doubt that we are going to stay up.
"We have to produce this every game and we have to score goals. We have to fight until the end and that's what we are going to do.
"I love challenges and I love the club already. I will do my best to help the club stay up because we belong in the Premier League now."
QPR can ill afford more of the kind of calamities that saw Cisse and Samba Diakite red carded on their home debuts or the type of decision that saw the officials fail to spot Clint Hill's header had crossed the line at the Reebok on Saturday.
Cisse added: "It's difficult to take, but the referees are only human and they need help.
"They need whatever help they can get and video technology is one option.
"They have to do something because we saw how it cost us the game."
Cisse also admitted QPR also shot themselves in the foot defensively for Bolton's winner.
The 30-year-old, who had earlier equalised, said: "I am happy to help the team, but when you don't bring the points home, it's a bit useless.
"With five minutes to go, you cannot really concede a goal like that.
"It's not only the defenders who defend, it starts with the attack. The whole team should have done better."
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: United given new hope in race for Juan Cuadrado as Barcelona talks stall
Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Liverpool transfer news: Brendan Rodgers plans more Anfield signings this summer
Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho confirms Fernando Torres is staying at Stamford Bridge
- 1 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Kelsey Grammer forgives the man who raped and murdered his sister in 1975
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us