Dossena agent denies Liverpool exit
Wednesday 04 November 2009
The agent of Andrea Dossena has denied reports he is in talks with Napoli to negotiate the transfer of the Liverpool defender to the Serie A outfit in January.
The Italy international has been strongly linked with a move away from Anfield in the winter transfer market.
However, Dossena's agent Roberto La Florio told tuttomercatoweb.it: "We will wait until the international break to evaluate and talk to Andrea.
"One thing that is certain is that no agreement has been reached with us, I don't know if the clubs have spoken to each other but for sure we have not been informed.
"Andrea wants to go to the World Cup.
"Napoli are doing well and in the eyes of everyone it would be a good choice."
Dossena has failed to live up to his £7m price tag since moving to Liverpool from Udinese in the summer of 2008.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans