Dossena completes switch from Liverpool to Napoli
Friday 08 January 2010
Napoli today confirmed the signing of defender Andrea Dossena from Liverpool on a four-year deal.
The Italy international has long been linked with a return to his homeland, with Napoli narrowly missing out in the summer.
Reports suggest the Partenopei have paid Liverpool around five million euros for Dossena.
Napoli confirmed the deal on their website, announcing that Dossena will remain at the Stadio San Paolo until 2014.
"I am happy to be able to wear the Napoli shirt," Dossena told www.sscnapoli.it.
"I have chosen a place of great prestige with big plans.
"I can't wait for the time to play at the San Paolo in front of an extraordinary public."
Dossena could make his debut on Sunday at home to Sampdoria.
The 28-year-old has long been linked with a move away from Anfield, having failed to live up to his £7million price tag since moving to Liverpool from Udinese in 2008.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss