Elano leaves Manchester City for Galatasary
Thursday 30 July 2009
Manchester City have confirmed that Elano has joined Turkish side Galatasary.
The Brazilian midfielder decided to move on after falling out of favour with manager Mark Hughes last season.
Following his arrival two seasons ago when Sven-Goran Eriksson was in charge, Elano quickly became a fans' favourite with a string of excellent displays.
However his form tailed off in the second half of his debut campaign and he struggled for consistency under Hughes.
Elano, 28, scored 18 goals in 80 appearances for City and remains a regular member of the Brazil squad.
Latest in Sport
Daniel Sturridge injury: Alongside Luis Suarez, how the Liverpool SAS may FAIL to become the most lethal partnership in Premier League history
Barcelona v Real Madrid: Copa del Rey final 2014 match preview
Arsenal: Four remaining fixtures - will they beat Everton to the final Champions League place?
Diego Costa transfer to Chelsea impossible to stop, admits Diego Simeone
Daniel Sturridge injury latest: Liverpool striker has 'small strain' and will be given chance to prove fitness for Norwich game
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'