Ferguson delighted with De Gea signing
Monday 01 August 2011
Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced he has made exactly the right move by spending £18 million on 20-year-old goalkeeper David De Gea.
"Replacing Edwin van der Sar is very difficult," Ferguson said. "He was a great goalkeeper. But the benefit we have with De Gea is that he is only 20. The qualities that stood out for us are his great composure and use of the ball. He is quick and agile."
filmWith more than 70% of early films lost, archivists are turning to science to preserve the few examples that remain
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Latest in Sport
Arsenal v Hull: Arsene Wenger ignores the sceptics and tells Gunners to seize Premier League title chance
Jose Mourinho believes Manchester City, not Arsenal, offer greatest challenge to Chelsea title hopes
Premier League: Arsenal beware - this is the tightest season in 11 years
Manchester United v Everton: David Moyes keeps lid on emotions ahead of Everton's visit to Old Trafford
Arsenal v Hull: Bacary Sagna ruled out with hamstring injury while Arsene Wenger denies Alvaro Morata agreement
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do