Jeffers back in the fold at Everton

Francis Jeffers has talked his way back into the Everton squad for the rest of the season. The striker had a huge dispute with his manager, David Moyes, last week after he was left out of the Good Friday game against Tottenham.

He was told his Everton career was over, he was forced to train on his own and he was told he would be sent back to Arsenal at the end of his season-long loan. But there have been talks instigated by the 21-year-old. Jeffers will be back in the squad that travels to Chelsea tomorrow and could be in the starting line-up as Wayne Rooney, Duncan Ferguson and Kevin Campbell are all banned or injured.

Everton issued a statement yesterday: "After a period of reflection... Francis Jeffers has reconsidered his position and has now settled his differences with both club and manager. Clear-the-air talks, instigated by Francis himself, were held earlier this week and the player has now resumed full-time training."

Comments