Kuyt ruled out for a month
Tuesday 07 September 2010
Liverpool have confirmed Dirk Kuyt will miss the next four weeks with a shoulder injury.
Kuyt suffered the injury during training with Holland ahead of their Euro 2012 qualifier against Finland, and returned to England yesterday for tests at Liverpool's Melwood training base.
Club doctor Peter Brukner said: "Dirk has damaged his shoulder at the A-C joint, which is between the collar bone and the shoulder. He is likely to be out for four weeks."
The injury will see the 30-year-old miss games against Birmingham, Steaua Bucharest, Manchester United, Northampton, Sunderland as well as the Europa League trip to his former club FC Utrecht.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin