Lukas Podolski tells Arsenal fans he would rather 'retire' than play for Tottenham
The Germany international was taking part in a Q&A session on Twitter
Thursday 16 January 2014
Lukas Podolski, already a favourite amongst Arsenal fans, has delighted them further by claiming he would rather retire than play for rivals Tottenham.
Responding to questions on Twitter, the German international allowed fans to ask him anything they wanted.
The highlight came when one fan, known on Twitter as @whosuspendedme, asked: "If you had a choice, would you rather play for Tottenham or retire?"
Without hesitation, and no further explanation, Podolski showed just how committed he is to Arsenal by responding with "retire".
The response topped off an already great day for the German, with NBA coach Jason Kidd having given the star a basketball lesson earlier.
Podolski joined league leaders Arsenal in 2012 for £10.5m after successful spells at both FC Köln and Bayern Munich, winning the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal double with the German side in 2008.
The forward also plays for the German national side, although he could have opted to play for Poland instead.
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget