Manchester City fear Bellamy out for season
Tuesday 21 April 2009
Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy's knee injury will almost certainly rule him out for the rest of the season, the club said today.
The 29 year-old, who signed from West Ham United for an undisclosed fee in January, suffered a flare-up of an existing injury in the Uefa Cup first-leg defeat to Hamburg SV on 9 April.
"Craig has got to have complete rest for two weeks then he comes back for strength work. Hopefully he might get the last couple of games, but the probability is that he won't," manager Mark Hughes told the club website (www.mcfc.co.uk).
The Welsh international has scored four goals in 11 appearances for City.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ian Herbert: England need to learn from Aussies and master art of avoiding ‘the creep’ so they can keep winning when they are winning
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive the rivalry - after a shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent