Manchester City midfielder James Milner to see toe specialist
Monday 24 September 2012
Manchester City midfielder James Milner will see a specialist today after missing yesterday's 1-1 draw against Arsenal with a toe problem.
The England international has been on the fringes of things for City this season, making only one Barclays Premier League start and another late appearance as a substitute but he remains a valuable member of boss Roberto Mancini's squad.
The Italian admits he does not know how long Milner might be out for, saying: "Milner has a problem in his toe. He has pain. He will see a specialist on Monday and after that we'll decide what to do."
Defender Maicon also missed yesterday's clash after taking a kick in Tuesday's defeat by Real Madrid and will miss tomorrow's Capital One Cup tie against Aston Villa.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Latest in Sport
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant