Manchester United show Chamakh interest
Tuesday 10 November 2009
Manchester United have been tracking the performances of Marouane Chamakh and could make a move for the Moroccan in January according to reports.
The Bordeaux forward courted interest from Sunderland, West Ham and, most notably, Arsenal in the summer but his dream move to the Premier League never materialised.
Yet a switch to England could now be back on with United scouts having watched the 25-year-old in action over the weekend.
Chamakh's contract at the French side expires in the summer, meaning a reasonable fee could be agreed.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile