Manchester United sign youngster Nick Powell from Crewe
Tuesday 12 June 2012
Manchester United have completed the capture of England Under-18 international Nick Powell from Crewe on a four-year deal.
The Red Devils have been monitoring Powell for some time and have beaten off interest from Everton to sign him.
United have confirmed the youngster has passed a medical and will join the club at the beginning of July.
"We have scouted Nick for months now," said manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
"He is an exceptional talent and has been schooled well at Crewe.
"I'm delighted he has chosen to come to United.
"He has a lot to offer and we are all looking forward to working with him."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
Jagielka: Moyes needs to bring in his own players
United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration