Mancini not on shortlist says agent
Monday 09 February 2009
Roberto Mancini is not a candidate to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea, according to his agent.
Scolari was dismissed today following the Blues' poor results of late.
Mancini, who is unemployed since being sacked by Inter Milan last summer, has been linked with a move to the London club in recent months.
However, his agent Giorgio De Giorgis has had no contact with Chelsea.
De Giorgis said to the Italian media: "No-one has contacted us, hence, I exclude the possibility that Mancini will go to Chelsea.
"We are aware of Scolari's sacking but they would have contacted us in the case they had though about him (Mancini).
"Instead, they have contacted others."
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Cristiano Ronaldo could return against Manchester United - but it won't be like previous reunions
Calum Chambers joins Arsenal: New £16m signing put through Arsenal initiation as he sings The Kooks in front of team-mates
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Seydou Keita refuses Pepe handshake before throwing water bottle prior to Roma vs Real Madrid match
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'