Milner deal is imminent says Mancini
Tuesday 17 August 2010
Roberto Mancini hopes to complete the protracted signing of James Milner by tomorrow at the latest.
The England midfielder is on the verge of sealing his move from Aston Villa, with Stephen Ireland set to move in the other direction.
"I hope we can close it between today and tomorrow," Mancini said at a press conference.
"I think that Milner is a good player, an English player which is important. I think that Milner can play in different positions."
Asked if the deal would involve Ireland, Mancini added: "I hope so.
"We have today and tomorrow to close the deal."
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site on Friday
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
New UK station Russia Today gives a very bizarre view of Britain
Latest in Sport
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything