Murphy signs new Fulham contract
Monday 24 August 2009
Fulham captain Danny Murphy has signed an extension to his contract which commits him to the club until the summer of 2011.
The former Liverpool and England midfielder has been a key player for the Craven Cottage club, with some solid performances helping them to the qualifying stages of the Europa League.
Murphy was the heartbeat for Roy Hodgson's side, who finished seventh in the Barclays Premier League last season.
However, the 32-year-old is a doubt for Thursday's European return against Amkar Perm in Russia after injury himself yesterday.
Murphy limped off in the second half of yesterday's 2-0 Premier League defeat to Chelsea, after a collision with Chelsea centre-half Ricardo Carvalho.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Cristiano Ronaldo could return against Manchester United - but it won't be like previous reunions
Calum Chambers joins Arsenal: New £16m signing put through Arsenal initiation as he sings The Kooks in front of team-mates
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Seydou Keita refuses Pepe handshake before throwing water bottle prior to Roma vs Real Madrid match
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'