Nani limps out of training at Manchester United's weekend in Wales
Luis Nani has given Manchester United a headache after limping out of training early into the club's Cardiff weekend break, by taking a heavy tackle to his left ankle.
The 25-year-old was immediately forced to leave the game. He was driven away to the nearby golf pavilion changing facility by the United kitman Albert Morgan, and was later seen limping back to the nearby four-star hotel. Centre-half Jonny Evans sat out the training game but was involved in training – he is expected to be fit for Monday's derby match, despite Everton's Darron Gibson standing on his foot during Sunday's 4-4 draw.
United are expected to stay until Sunday at the Vale, where two Championship golf courses and a spa provides the escape Sir Alex Ferguson wants for his players.
Latest in Sport
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions - player ratings
Premier League fixture list unveiled: Manchester United play Swansea on opening day
Liverpool expected to complete deal for £6m Spanish winger Luis Alberto in next 48 hours
In pictures: Royal Ascot 2013 - Opening day
Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf