Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye undergoes surgery
Monday 26 November 2012
Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has undergone groin surgery in Paris today.
The Magpies have confirmed the 26-year-old France international has had an operation to repair the damage which has sidelined him since the 1-0 Barclays Premier League defeat by West Ham on November 11.
Cabaye, who has made 13 appearances for the club in all competitions this season, will be out of action for several weeks.
The former Lille player has been a huge hit on Tyneside since his £4.8million arrival last summer, but was one of 11 senior players unavailable to manager Alan Pardew for yesterday's 2-0 defeat at Southampton.
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke