Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye undergoes surgery
Monday 26 November 2012
Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has undergone groin surgery in Paris today.
The Magpies have confirmed the 26-year-old France international has had an operation to repair the damage which has sidelined him since the 1-0 Barclays Premier League defeat by West Ham on November 11.
Cabaye, who has made 13 appearances for the club in all competitions this season, will be out of action for several weeks.
The former Lille player has been a huge hit on Tyneside since his £4.8million arrival last summer, but was one of 11 senior players unavailable to manager Alan Pardew for yesterday's 2-0 defeat at Southampton.
Latest in Sport
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'