Newcastle striker Demba Ba winning fitness race ahead of Liverpool match
Friday 02 November 2012
Newcastle striker Demba Ba could return to fitness in time for Sunday's Barclays Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield.
Magpies boss Alan Pardew said Ba, who is recovering from a calf problem, has a good chance of being in contention for the game against Brendan Rodgers' side.
Newcastle will be without midfielder Cheick Tiote, who is serving the second game of a three-match ban after he was sent off during the 1-1 draw against Sunderland last month.
Provisional squad: Krul, Harper, Simpson, Tavernier, Ferguson, S. Taylor, Perch, Williamson, Santon, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Anita, Bigirimana, Marveaux, Obertan, Vuckic, Abeid, Amalfitano, Sammy Ameobi, Ba, Cisse, Shola Ameobi, Campbell.
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget