No action to be taken over knife found in Chelsea dressing room
Friday 02 December 2011
Chelsea have confirmed a knife was discovered by cleaning staff in a dressing room at the club's training ground.
The knife was found in the changing area of the complex in Cobham, Surrey, which is used by youth team players.
After an investigation, the youngsters were all questioned and warned of the consequences of knife crime, but no further action was taken as it was thought the knife was left behind by a contractor on the site.
A statement from a Chelsea spokesman said: "A knife was found on the premises at a time when only cleaning and building contractors had been on site.
"The club has determined that it did not belong to any player or staff member as the area was sealed off and we are satisfied it is not a matter of concern. The matter is closed."
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Latest in Sport
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter