No action to be taken over knife found in Chelsea dressing room
Friday 02 December 2011
Chelsea have confirmed a knife was discovered by cleaning staff in a dressing room at the club's training ground.
The knife was found in the changing area of the complex in Cobham, Surrey, which is used by youth team players.
After an investigation, the youngsters were all questioned and warned of the consequences of knife crime, but no further action was taken as it was thought the knife was left behind by a contractor on the site.
A statement from a Chelsea spokesman said: "A knife was found on the premises at a time when only cleaning and building contractors had been on site.
"The club has determined that it did not belong to any player or staff member as the area was sealed off and we are satisfied it is not a matter of concern. The matter is closed."
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Gareth Bale puts five-bedroom Essex mansion up for sale at £2.2m following £86m switch from Tottenham to Real Madrid
Former England captain Mick Mills 'turned a blind eye' to initiation ceremony abuse at Stoke City, which included sexual assault dubbed 'The Glove'
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial