Owen suffers new injury in training
Thursday 28 October 2010
Manchester United striker Michael Owen will miss the next few weeks with a hamstring injury. The former Liverpool player was expected to play in Tuesday night's 3-2 Carling Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers, after a recent absence with a groin injury. But Owen hurt his hamstring in training and missed the match.
"It's not going great," said the former England international yesterday. "I had a bit of a tight groin a while ago and I've trained for a week preparing for last night's game but then I had a setback.
"Unfortunately, because of a training ground injury I'm going to be out for the next few weeks, which is disappointing."
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Ian Herbert: Work still to do before this Liverpool can be compared to class of ’08
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police