Reading complete deal for Hope Akpan
Former Everton player joins from Crawley
Tuesday 08 January 2013
Reading have confirmed the signing of 21-year-old Hope Akpan from League One side Crawley.
The midfielder, who joined Crawley from Everton in 2011, has agreed a three-and-a-half year contract.
Reading manager Brian McDermott told the club website: "I'm delighted to have signed Hope, we have known all about him for a very long time.
"He has a great pedigree coming through the ranks at a top Premier League side in Everton.
"There were a lot of clubs in for him during this window, but once he heard of our interest this was the only place he wanted to play. He's 21 and is a player we feel can play at this level."
Akpan played for the second half of the Royals' friendly win over QPR today.
Reading said the deal is subject to final ratification of all the paperwork from the football authorities, but they expect that to be a formality.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Latest in Sport
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences, as judge labels him a 'dangerous sexual predator'
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile