Roberto Soldado strikes on Spurs bow against Espanyol
Sunday 11 August 2013
Roberto Soldado marked his debut for Tottenham with a goal in last night's 1-1 friendly draw with Espanyol at White Hart Lane. The striker, who joined for £26 million from Valencia, rolled in a penalty after Danny Rose was brought down. David Lopez equalised for Espanyol from a corner while Gareth Bale was not included in Spurs' squad.
Theo Walcott scored for Arsenal in their 3-1 friendly win against Manchester City in Helsinki. Other goals from Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud put the Gunners in charge before Alvaro Negredo claimed a consolation for City.
Nicolas Anelka claimed a goal and an assist in West Bromwich Albion's 2-0 win against Bologna. Christian Benteke scored twice as Aston Villa beat Malaga 3-2 at Villa Park.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
Fernando Torres to AC Milan: Jose Mourinho talks up Mattia Destro with Torres on verge of Chelsea exit
Mario Balotelli has been 'spoken to at length' and Liverpool have ensured he lives on Merseyside rather than Manchester
Champions League draw: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City learn group stage fate
Tottenham vs Liverpool: Hugo Lloris expects Spurs to wipe away shame of 4-0 and 5-0 defeats last season
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward