Rodwell injury ends season
Wednesday 11 April 2012
Jack Rodwell is likely to miss the rest of the season and the European Championship after a recurrence of the hamstring injury that has plagued his season.
The Everton midfielder suffered his sixth hamstring injury of the season in training on Saturday and will be treated in Germany by the renowned Bayern Munich club doctor, Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt.
Rodwell was selected by Fabio Capello for both of England's friendlies in November but the Everton manager, David Moyes, says he should concentrate on being ready for the start of next season, in August. "We are trying to see when he can go for treatment. I would advise him to concentrate on next season because Jack has missed six months with hamstring injuries."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Latest in Sport
Liverpool 5 Norwich City 1 match report: Luis Suarez tears Norwich apart once again with four goals and an assist
Cricket Australia apologises for ‘racist’ Monty Panesar Teletubbies tweet
Manchester United must win 'an awful lot of games' if they are to retain the Premier League title, admits David Moyes after Everton defeat
Five things we learned from the midweek Premier League fixtures: Nicklas Bendtner could help Arsenal push for the title; David Moyes mocked by Everton fans; Luis Suarez among the best
Manchester United 0 Everton 1 match report: Roberto Martinez pulls off elusive victory that eluded David Moyes
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government