Samir Nasri hits out at 'disrespectful' Arsenal fans
Contract rebel Samir Nasri today labelled Arsenal fans as "disrespectful" after chanting against him at Newcastle on Saturday.
The France midfielder, 24, has yet to pen a new deal with the Gunners, and so could leave on a free transfer next summer.
Nasri has been linked with a £25million move to Manchester City, although Arsene Wenger remains hopeful the playmaker will stay, particularly after the sale of captain Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona.
The 24-year-old did not feature in the opening Barclays Premier League game at St James' Park because of illness, but was the subject of abuse from some sections of the travelling support, who questioned his loyalty and labelled him greedy.
Nasri, who is suspended for tomorrow night's Champions League play-off first leg against Udinese at Emirates Stadium, used his Twitter account to hit back.
He wrote: "I heard what the fans were singing about me on Saturday and it is really disrespectful because I'm still a (sic) arsenal player."
Latest in Sport
Arsene Wenger 18th anniversary at Arsenal: His WORST signings XI during his time with the Gunners
18 things Wenger has still never done at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger's worst signings XI
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Nani: On loan Sporting Lisbon winger admits he may not return to Manchester United
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'