Sandro knee injury takes shine off King surgery
Wednesday 13 July 2011
Spurs suffered another potentially serious blow to their ambitions for next season yesterday after Brazil midfielder Sandro was forced to withdraw from his country's Copa America squad with a knee injury.
There are fears the 22-year-old may have ruptured his meniscus and could require surgery.
Club captain Ledley King, meanwhile, has had a successful knee operation and will rest for 10 days before progressing to full training. He will miss the club's pre-season tour of South Africa.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations