Sandro knee injury takes shine off King surgery
Wednesday 13 July 2011
Spurs suffered another potentially serious blow to their ambitions for next season yesterday after Brazil midfielder Sandro was forced to withdraw from his country's Copa America squad with a knee injury.
There are fears the 22-year-old may have ruptured his meniscus and could require surgery.
Club captain Ledley King, meanwhile, has had a successful knee operation and will rest for 10 days before progressing to full training. He will miss the club's pre-season tour of South Africa.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts