Scudamore rules out Old Firm league switch
Richard Scudamore claims there is no chance of the Old Firm joining the Barclays Premier League.
Both Celtic and Rangers are desperate to quit Scottish football, with England their preferred destination.
But Premier League chief executive Scudamore cannot see his organisation's 20 member club voting to let them in.
Scudamore also revealed he was personally against the Old Firm - who have also been linked with an Atlantic league - leaving Scotland.
Speaking on last night's ESPN programme 'Between The Lines', he said: "I don't think it's a serious proposition for a whole number of reasons.
"Scottish football is Scottish football. For a traditionalist like me, that's where the Old Firm should play."
He added: "I see the benefits for Celtic and Rangers if they moved to our Premier League but I don't think our 20 clubs are going to vote to allow these clubs into our league."
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.