Chelsea racism victim Soulemayne S decides not to take up Jose Mourinho's offer to go to Stamford Bridge

Man abused by fans unlikely to take up offer

The French man who was racially abused by a group of Chelsea supporters in Paris this week says he is unlikely to accept the invitation to watch the London team and Paris Saint-Germain play the second leg next week.

The French-Mauritian was targeted by a group of men, believed to be Chelsea fans, on Tuesday night and was stopped from getting on a Paris Metro train - he also had racist chants directed at him.

Chelsea have so far suspended five people from Stamford Bridge as an investigation continues, while manager Jose Mourinho admitted the club felt "ashamed".

The Portuguese manager offered Soulemayne a space in the director's box for the return leg to prove that the club were not racist.

But speaking to French newspaper Le Parisien, Soulemayne said: "I appreciate Mr Mourinho's invitation, but I can't get my head around being in a stadium at the moment."

Chelsea are now involved in a new race storm as it has been reported that a group of men, also believed to be supporters of the west London club, were heard chanting racist songs at London St Pancras on Wednesday, the day after the incident.

Comments