Stoke sign Begovic for £3.25m
Stoke have completed a £3.25million deal for Portsmouth goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.
The 22-year-old Bosnia international signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with the Potters shortly before the transfer window closed.
"Asmir is someone we have been tracking for some time and we believe that potentially he is the best young keeper in the country," said Stoke manager Tony Pulis.
A fortnight ago Pulis twice tried to sign Begovic's team-mate David James on loan from the cash-strapped south-coast club.
However, the deal broke down after an issue over the player's wages.
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.