Swansea City's Michu doubtful to face Fulham
Thursday 27 December 2012
Swansea City are waiting to hear how serious Michu's ankle injury is after the Spaniard limped off at Reading on Boxing Day.
The early indications from Swansea's medical staff were that the Premier League's joint-top scorer had not suffered any ligament damage.
Michu has swelling around his ankle and is doubtful to play against Fulham tomorrow.
Michael Laudrup, the club's manager, meanwhile, dismissed speculation linking Swansea with a move for the Barcelona and Spain striker David Villa.
"There have been a lot of rumours, but the only Villa coming to Swansea is Aston Villa," Laudrup said.
"He is a fantastic player, but unfortunately I don't think he will be coming to Swansea. I have not spoken to anyone but I think he will stay at Barcelona."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
Latest in Sport
Sam Wallace: David Moyes is paying the price of United’s virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Arsenal 1 Everton 1 match report: Gerard Deulofeu provides late sucker punch after Mesut Ozil's opener
I will not be forced into panic buys at Manchester United, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis