Sylvain Distin signs new contract with Everton
Friday 25 May 2012
Everton defender Sylvain Distin has signed a new one-year contract to keep him at the club next season.
The 34-year-old centre-back's existing deal had expired but he was always determined to remain at Goodison Park and a new agreement was not long in being finalised.
"Sylvain Distin has signed a new one-year contract with Everton which will keep him at Goodison Park for the 2012/13 season," said a statement on evertonfc.com.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality