Tevez injured following slip in shower
Wednesday 05 August 2009
Manchester City's £25m signing Carlos Tevez could miss the start of the season after slipping in the shower.
The Argentine aggravated a heal problem during the incident, in which he lost his balance as he tried to get out of the shower, dealing another blow to his frustrating pre-season.
Click the image on the right to take a look at the most ridiculous football injuries.
Tevez has not played a single minute since signing for the ambitious side, and has also been left out of the Argentina squad for their upcoming game against Russia.
City manager Mark Hughes has said he expects Tevez to be fit for the new season but, having not trained properly since switching from Manchester United, the striker may not be ready.
Latest in Sport
VIDEO: Did Marcos Maidana bite Floyd Mayweather during their bout?
Arsenal vs Manchester City: How did Danny Welbeck do on his Arsenal debut?
Manchester United vs QPR comment: Glimpse of Radamel Falcao lifts United hearts but Daley Blind keeps things ticking
Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana result: Mayweather prevails but complains of Maidana bite
Manchester United vs QPR player ratings: Who was the star man? Angel Di Maria? Daley Blind? Wayne Rooney?
- 1 Scotland independence vote: Everything you ever wanted to know about life after the result
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 5 Tyler, The Creator says having the new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained in Los Angeles after being mistaken for a prostitute
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly