Tottenham recall striker Harry Kane from Norwich
Season-long loan at Carrow Road ended early
Friday 01 February 2013
Tottenham have recalled striker Harry Kane from his season-long loan at Norwich.
Kane moved to Carrow Road in August but made only two appearances before breaking a metatarsal bone in the Capital One Cup tie against Doncaster.
The 19-year-old underwent his rehabilitation at Tottenham but returned to action for Norwich on December 29.
However, with Spurs having been unable to add to their attacking options during the January transfer window, they have opted to recall Kane four months early.
Norwich manager Chris Hughton told a press conference: "Spurs have recalled Harry Kane from his loan with us.
"He was unlucky with the injury. We would have liked to keep him, but wish him well."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
MMA: UFC heavyweights Mark Hunt and Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva in fight for the ages
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive the rivalry - after a shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent