Trio join up with Manchester United squad on pre-season tour
Shinji Kagawa, Ashley Young and Chris Smalling have all joined the trip
Monday 22 July 2013
Manchester United's tour squad has been bolstered by the arrivals of Shinji Kagawa, Ashley Young and Chris Smalling.
Kagawa was always due to link up with his team-mates for the Japan leg of the five-match tour after being given an extended break due to his Confederations Cup campaign.
However, Young and Smalling have been battling to overcome ankle and foot injuries respectively.
Both have been deemed fit enough to join the tour and flew into Tokyo today before meeting up with their team-mates in Yokohama, where they will face the local J. League side, Yokohama F Marinos, tomorrow.
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke