Trio join up with Manchester United squad on pre-season tour
Shinji Kagawa, Ashley Young and Chris Smalling have all joined the trip
Monday 22 July 2013
Manchester United's tour squad has been bolstered by the arrivals of Shinji Kagawa, Ashley Young and Chris Smalling.
Kagawa was always due to link up with his team-mates for the Japan leg of the five-match tour after being given an extended break due to his Confederations Cup campaign.
However, Young and Smalling have been battling to overcome ankle and foot injuries respectively.
Both have been deemed fit enough to join the tour and flew into Tokyo today before meeting up with their team-mates in Yokohama, where they will face the local J. League side, Yokohama F Marinos, tomorrow.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Tottenham player ratings: Mesut Ozil? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Nacer Chadli? Who was the star man at the Emirates?
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United: 'Come home' banner flown over Real Madrid match
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 3 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month