Wales confirm Costa Rica as opponents for Gary Speed memorial match
Wednesday 04 January 2012
Costa Rica have been confirmed as Wales' opponents for next month's Gary Speed Memorial match.
The South American side, against whom Speed made his international debut in 1990, will visit Cardiff City Stadium on February 29 for a 7.45pm kick-off.
A statement from the Football Association of Wales read: "This will be an opportunity to celebrate the life and achievements of a great servant to Welsh football, both as a player and as a manager."
Tickets go on sale on January 11, priced a £10 for adults and £5 for concessions, with 10% of profits donated to charity.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin