West Brom release first-team trio
Wednesday 25 May 2011
West Brom have released a trio of first-team squad players in Abdoulaye Meite, Gianni Zuiverloon and Giles Barnes, the club have confirmed.
Meite and Zuiverloon joined the Baggies three years ago for £2 million and £3.2 million respectively.
But former Bolton defender Meite and Zuiverloon, signed from Dutch side Heerenveen, have struggled to produce their best form.
Barnes has not featured under Roy Hodgson since his arrival as head coach three months ago.
Albion's sporting and technical director Dan Ashworth said: "I would like to thank Abdoulaye, Gianni and Giles for their efforts with us and wish them every success in their future careers."
West Brom have taken up one year options on left-back Marek Cech and striker Roman Bednar.
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget