Wolves midfielder Henry ruled out for four weeks
Wednesday 07 March 2012
The Wolves manager, Terry Connor, has admitted midfielder Karl Henry's absence through injury for three to four weeks is a "big blow" in their battle for Premier League survival.
Henry suffered a hamstring strain in Sunday's 5-0 defeat by Fulham at Craven Cottage - aresult that pushed Wolves back into the bottom three on goaldifference.
A scan has confirmed Henry will be out at least until the game with Norwich on 24 March and Connor said: "Karl is a very important player for us. He will be a big miss because he brings some defensive stability to our midfield and we haven't got many people of that ilk."
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs Tottenham combined XI: Hugo Lloris or Thibaut Courtois? Willian or Christian Eriksen? Who makes the final cut?
Manchester United vs Sunderland match report: Wayne Rooney scores twice but referee Roger East sends off Wes Brown instead of John O'Shea
AP McCoy on Arsenal: 'If I was performing that bad I'd have retired a long time ago'
Charlton sex video: Addicks admit pair caught on the pitch was a publicity stunt
Carl Frampton vs Chris Avalos; Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer; Dmitry Chudinov vs Chris Eubank Jr - boxing on TV this weekend
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Man to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia after ripping up a Koran and hitting it with his shoe
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'