Zamora forced to miss training
Saturday 17 December 2011
Bobby Zamora could miss back-to-back Premier League games after giving his club an injury scare last night.
The striker sat out training with a knee problem and will be given a late fitness test ahead of today's match against Bolton Wanderers. Zamora was absent for last weekend's defeat to Swansea, but featured in the midweek draw against Odense when Fulham were knocked out of the Europa League. Manager Martin Jol said: "He's had it for the last four weeks – a niggling pain in his knee. But he played against Odense. I've got plenty of cover but it will be disappointing [if Zamora is not fit]. We have Andy Johnson, Bryan Ruiz, Moussa Dembele."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland