Zola refuses to discuss future until next week
Saturday 08 May 2010
Gianfranco Zola's future at Upton Park remains a matter of speculation but the West Ham manager will not discuss the issue until his meeting with club owners David Gold and David Sullivan next week.
Zola successfully negotiated a turbulent campaign to keep West Ham in the Premier League and a victory over Manchester City tomorrow could see them finish as high as 14th. "I need to focus on the game and then I will talk to the club and we will see what the outcome is going to be. We are going to meet some time next week," Zola said yesterday. "I am a professional person. I am paid by the club to do a job and I try to do it as best I can.
"I'm not going to give any excuses, we should have done better this season. I was expecting more. But I have to add that the circumstances and the environment have not been easy and people should remember that."
Latest in Sport
Tony Bellew vs Nathan Cleverly 2 report: Bellew takes his revenge with points win over Cleverly
Perth midfielder Ruben Zadkovich sent off 17 seconds after coming on against Wellington
England vs Samoa match report: England finally end losing streak as Jonny May stars in win ahead of Wallabies showdown
Arsenal vs Manchester United report: Wayne Rooney and a Kieran Gibbs own goal make Gunners rue missed chances
Arsenal vs Manchester United player ratings: Who was the star man? Wayne Rooney or David De Gea?
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track