Welcome to the Independent’s live coverage of the January transfer window on the day which could finally pay witness to our first major deal of the month so far. Chelsea are closing in on Alexandre Pato, a deal which could signal Loic Remy’s exit, while Liverpool continue to negotiate with Shakhtar Donetsk for Alex Teixeira. Revelations by this newspaper, on the other hand, reveal that Gareth Bale continues to be put off by the turmoil at Manchester United.
- Gareth Bale scared off £100m Old Trafford deal
- Jorge Mendes influenced United's strategy with David de Gea
- Alex Teixeira 'agrees terms' with Liverpool
- Real Madrid agreed buy-back option for Mesut Ozil
- Antoine Griezmann has no intention of leaving Atletico
Follow all the latest below...
Please allow a moment for the blog to load....