Arsenal transfer latest: Gunners consider move for Greek defender Kostas Manolas - reports
Could replace Thomas Vermaelen should the Belgian join Manchester United
Saturday 05 July 2014
Arsenal could move for Olympiacos defender Kostas Manolas, according to reports.
With Thomas Vermaelen linked with an £11m move to Manchester United, the Metro report that Arsene Wenger sees the 23-year-old as a replacement.
Arsenal will be left with just two senior centre backs should Vermalen leave, while Bacary Sagna - who often filled in in the middle - has also left the club for Manchester City.
The 6ft 1in Manolas earned rave reviews for his performances in Brazil and has come off two superb seasons with the Greek club, where he won back-to-back titles.
Arsenal would have to part with about £8m to land him, but would face competition from Juventus who are also rumoured to be interested.
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut