Aston Villa likely to loan Jean Makoun to Rennes
Wednesday 15 August 2012
Aston Villa have confirmed they are in "advanced talks" with Rennes
about midfielder Jean Makoun joining the Ligue 1 side on a season-long
The Cameroon international joined Villa from Lyon during the January 2011 transfer window in a £6 million deal.
However, the 29-year-old struggled to make an impact in the Premier League under then Villa manager Gerard Houllier.
He was loaned out to Greek side Olympiacos last season and now looks set for another temporary switch away from Villa Park.
Villa said in a statement: "Talks are at an advanced stage between Villa and Rennes with a view to Jean Makoun returning to France on a season-long loan."
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Manchester United combined XI: No place for Yaya Toure... or any United defenders
EXCLUSIVE: F1 heading for eastern revolution as new team emerges from Romania
Impressive Kurt Zouma may save Chelsea millions by replacing John Terry
Radamel Falcao: Manchester United ready to seal permanent transfer of striker as 'everything is complete' to extend his Old Trafford stay
Daniel Sturridge injury: Liverpool striker suggests problems could be linked with 'Caribbean vibes'
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'