Buffon again dismisses Manchester United rumours
Monday 11 October 2010
Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has again dismissed rumours linking him with a move to Manchester United next summer.
The 32-year-old continues to be mentioned as a possible replacement for Edwin van der Sar, but Buffon insists that there is nothing concrete in the speculation.
He told Sky Italia: “Buffon has nothing to decide.
“I'm at the Juventus' disposal and they are the ones who will decide what will happen. I have a deal here until 2013.
“We are in October and it's too soon to face certain talks. There are still eight months of the season left.
“Manchester United are a really great side, but they have never shown a direct interest. They are merely press rumours.”
Latest in Sport
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans