Cesc Fabregas insists he has not spoken to Manchester United or Arsenal about a possible move
The Spain midfielder wants to remain at Barcelona
Cesc Fabregas has again reiterated his desire to remain at Barcelona and has denied he has received any offers amid reported interest from Manchester United and Arsenal.
The former Gunner has endured a difficult time since returning to the Nou Camp two years ago, where he came through the youth academy before switching to north London.
Amid a failure to cement a place in the starting XI and at times suffering jeers from sections of Barcelona fans, his future has become one of the biggest stories of this summer's transfer window.
New Manchester United manager David Moyes is reportedly keen to bring him to Old Trafford to bolster his midfield while if Barcelona are willing to sell, Arsenal will have first option on their former captain.
However, in an interview with Movistar, Fabregas insists he is yet to receive any offers.
"People talk a lot but the truth is that no-one has spoken with me," said the 24-year-old.
"I want to triumph in Barcelona, that club is my home and I always dreamed of playing there, so I will try and succeed there as long as I can."
Should he remain at the Nou Camp, next season Fabregas will be playing alongside new signing Neymar, who joined Barcelona earlier this month.
The Spaniard believes the Brazilian has the capabilities to light up the Nou Camp but said he must be given time to bed in after moving club, league and country.
"Neymar will need time to adapt because he is coming from a completely different type of football from what he will find here. We need to help him settle in and grow so that he can give us great nights," said Fabregas.
He also dismissed talk that there could be a clash of egos between Neymar and Leo Messi.
"The egos are very controlled in the team," he said. "Messi has won the Ballon d'Or four times and is probably the best player of all time but when you see him every morning he doesn't seem like it."
Although Neymar cost Barcelona an estimated 57million euros, Fabregas raised alarm at the possibility of the club's biggest rivals Real Madrid spending 100million to buy Gareth Bale from Tottenham.
"For me spending 100million on Gareth Bale is foolish, I don't know how any club could spend that amount of money in these circumstances," he said.
"He is a great player with all the right attributes, but we will have to see if Madrid sign him and if he can perform there."
Latest in Sport
The muddy truth of the Christmas Truce game
Alexis Sanchez video: Turns out the Arsenal forward is brilliant at playing the piano too
Premier League: Chelsea vs West Ham match preview
Sir Alex Ferguson on Jose Mourinho: 'He's good looking, speaks five languages, wins everything - it's unfair'
Jose Mourinho on Sir Alex Ferguson: 'A good friend, a good person, a fantastic sense of humour. I like him very, very much'
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food