Chelsea and Tottenham set to miss out on Willian as Brazilian closes in on £34m transfer to Anzhi Makhachkala
Brazilian had been close to a £34m move to Russia
Chelsea and Tottenham have missed out on long-term transfer target Willian, according to reports.
The Shakhtar Donetsk playmaker is set to join Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala after they lodged an official £34million bid.
The 24-year-old, who has two caps for the Brazil national side, has long been linked with a move to the Premier League following his consistent displays in Ukraine.
His performances against Chelsea in this season's Champions League only increased suggestions that the European champions would make a move.
Tottenham, who are seeking a creative midfielder having failed to adequately replace the summer departures of Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart, have also been linked.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain