Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez completes transfer to Manchester United
Manchester United have completed the signing of Angelo Henriquez and the Chile Under-23 striker has now joined from Universidad de Chile for an undisclosed fee.
The 18-year-old underwent a medical with the Red Devils last month and was granted a work permit.
"Angelo has made a tremendous impact on the game in his short career so far," manager Sir Alex Ferguson told manutd.com.
"His pace is a great asset and he reads the game really well for someone of such a young age.
"We have a proud record of developing young talent and Angelo fits the profile of a United player - skilful, attacking and someone who plays the game with real flair."
The player admits he is honoured to be moving to Old Trafford.
"I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world. Manchester United is a great team and has a great manager," he said.
"To be able to be part of that is a huge honour and I can't wait to get started.
"I hope I can be part of many successful years with United."
With the top nine players in the men’s world tennis rankings all missing this tournament to prepare ...
by Gareth Purnell
21 May 2013 02:01 AM
When cyclists look back on their careers spanning many hundreds (and in some cases possibly thousand...
by Martin Ayres
20 May 2013 06:12 PM
As England’s new football strip – made by Nike – is revealed today, new research shows the English F...
by Alex Miller
20 May 2013 04:52 PM
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.