Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez completes transfer to Manchester United
Wednesday 05 September 2012
Manchester United have completed the signing of Angelo Henriquez and the Chile Under-23 striker has now joined from Universidad de Chile for an undisclosed fee.
The 18-year-old underwent a medical with the Red Devils last month and was granted a work permit.
"Angelo has made a tremendous impact on the game in his short career so far," manager Sir Alex Ferguson told manutd.com.
"His pace is a great asset and he reads the game really well for someone of such a young age.
"We have a proud record of developing young talent and Angelo fits the profile of a United player - skilful, attacking and someone who plays the game with real flair."
The player admits he is honoured to be moving to Old Trafford.
"I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world. Manchester United is a great team and has a great manager," he said.
"To be able to be part of that is a huge honour and I can't wait to get started.
"I hope I can be part of many successful years with United."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave