Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez completes transfer to Manchester United
Wednesday 05 September 2012
Manchester United have completed the signing of Angelo Henriquez and the Chile Under-23 striker has now joined from Universidad de Chile for an undisclosed fee.
The 18-year-old underwent a medical with the Red Devils last month and was granted a work permit.
"Angelo has made a tremendous impact on the game in his short career so far," manager Sir Alex Ferguson told manutd.com.
"His pace is a great asset and he reads the game really well for someone of such a young age.
"We have a proud record of developing young talent and Angelo fits the profile of a United player - skilful, attacking and someone who plays the game with real flair."
The player admits he is honoured to be moving to Old Trafford.
"I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world. Manchester United is a great team and has a great manager," he said.
"To be able to be part of that is a huge honour and I can't wait to get started.
"I hope I can be part of many successful years with United."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent