Coyle reunites with Eagles and Mears
Saturday 30 July 2011
Bolton have signed Burnley midfielder Chris Eagles and defender Tyrone Mears on three-year deals.
Manager Owen Coyle will be reunited with Mears and Eagles, whom he signed when he was in charge at Turf Moor. "Chris and Tyrone are top players and have shown they have the ability to compete successfully at the highest level," Coyle said.
It had been reported the two clubs agreed a joint fee, believed to be in the region of £3m. "I have worked with them both before and I know what they will bring to the club in terms of character and commitment," Coyle added.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
David Moyes needs to bring in his own players says Phil Jagielka
Manchester United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration