Emmanuel Frimpong signs for unknown Russian club FC Ufa in shock deadline day move
Former Arsenal midfielder says he can't wait to get started
Emmanuel Frimpong has moved to little known Russian side FC Ufa on a three-year contract, and says he "can't wait" to get started.
The Ghanaian international looks to get his career back on track after he was released by Barnsley after a brief four-month spell in April
He left Arsenal permanently last January after failing the break into the Gunners squad. His time at the Emirates was blighted by injuries.
FC Ufa were founded only three years ago, and previously had former Manchester United winger Andrei Kanchelskis as their manager between 2011 and 2012. They won promotion to the Russia top flight last season.
Frimpong will wear the No 5 shirt.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'